Monday, October 09, 2006

Focus On Process Or Reward?

Have you ever wonder why there are many people who wanted to get up in the morning to go to gym but only 5% of the people take action and do it ?

Do you want to know what is so special about this 5% ?

At this point of time, if you are still reading it means that you may want to be in this 5% of people who I called them Action Takers.

- You want to get more in your life and want to be more efficient in what you are doing

- You want to stop procrastinating and improve your quality of life

- You want to make your new year resolutions happen and not another new year resolution to you .

- You want to achieve your personal goals and targets you have set yourself.

Here's why :

Most people will give 101 reasons that it's not the time to go to gym when they wake up at 6 30 am in the morning. Most will want to sleep a bit later and said it's too cold to go to the gym.

Why is that a difference when both groups of people have the same thoughts but there are the 5% of people who will still get themselves up and head for the gym?

95% of the people don't do it because it's tiring to get up so early in the morning, it's too cold, many reasons that it's not suitable to go at that time.

Answer is that this 95% of people focused on the process. They find that it's boring to go to gym, perhaps, it's not going to work.

While the 5% of people, in spite of having the same thoughts, they still get up to go to the gym because they want to look good, reduce his weight by 20kg, experience the goodness in top health.

The only difference between these 2 groups of people is that 5% of people focus on the REWARDS and NOT THE PROCESS.

Take this as an example:

I don't mind heading to the gym daily to get off my 20kg tummy. My girlfriend will like me so much that she will even give me more hugs** I will look more handsome and more confident in front of people when I speak. This will help me close more sales and make me more money .

These are the rewards if I go to gym daily. And it encourages me to do it, why not?

That's because I focus on the rewards I will be getting, it's no longer tiring and boring for me to head to the gym early in the morning.

Focus on the Rewards....

Farrell Seah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but there is a saying " no matter what the result is , the important is the process!"
In my opinion , why the 5% people can wake up early and go the gym , that because they have confidence they can reach there purpose!