Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Confucious Saying

Hi,

I feel that I need to elaborate on Confucious's saying I quoted yesterday.
It means that if you want somebody to treat you with respect, you have to
first treat him with respect.

This is the law of reciprocity. It will never fail you. How other people
treat you is how you treat other people. People are generally good
nature and if you treat them well enough, you will be well treated
in return .

I can shall with you a personal story that I experienced. I used to
dislike my sister. I just don't like everything she did at a certain point
of time.

As a result, I began to scold her and quarrelled with her. I used to believe
that we cannot live well together.

Because I see her as someone that I dislike, in return, she will naturally
dislike me.

This work almost all the time .

After some time, I realised that the root of the problem actually don't lie
with her but was ME !!!

It was because I used to think of her a certain way and that is why our
relationship worsened. I began to change my thinking of her.

Strangely, when I started saying good things about her. Suddenly,
I discovered many good points about her and she was never the bad
girl that I used to think off.

I hope by sharing with you this example, you will be able to see very
clearly that most of the misunderstanding actually started because
of our thoughts.

I made the mistakes and by sharing with you, I hope you will not make
the mistakes that I made.

"How well you live is how well you treat others "
- Farrell Seah

Happy Making Friends !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe communication can eliminate all the misunderstandings between eachother !