Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Question my Aunt ask me today ...

I was visiting my grandmother today when i met an auntie.
She asked me why didn't i go to school when my results are
able to enter a University?

She was confused and wanted to find out what am i doing?

I answered that I have a business i need to focus on. And
until my business is fully up and running and can survive without
me, that's when the time i can really do what i am.

As to whether will i go back to school next year, i would say
it really depends...

I didn't tell my aunt at that point of time because i felt that
it may not be an appropriate time for me to give her this
answer.

As I'm thinking, it would be good if i can put my thoughts
down.

The reason behind is really mathematics...

You take 4 years to study and the cost of studying is $7,000 yearly.
If you study for 4 years to get an honors, it will be $28,000.

That is just tuition fees, what about the cost of transport, food, hostel
and study materials?

The money you invested will definitely be more than $40,000 for the
4 years duration. This is a pretty conservative figure because i have not
added leisure expenses with friends.

You commit 4 years of time and $28,000 to get a Certificate because
you want to get a high paying job.

Whether you get a job you loves or just a job, a job is not guarantee,
there is no JOB SECURITY anymore !

And how long does it take to break even?

Starting pay for a fresh graduate is around
$1,800 - $2,200 a month and this will take you 1 years time to
make back your $28,000 study fees.

Meaning to say that for the 1 year, you are not making a profit, you are
just barely breaking even your investment.

What about the most important asset, 4 years of your time ?

It a tough decision for me because i like studying and reading.
I like to mix with friends and be in a community. However,
i want to achieve my dreams and be who i really want to be.

That's why i chose this path of Entrepreneurship.
Do you need to study in order to be successful?

Answer is NO .

Is Entrepreneurship for everyone ?

Answer is NO. Answer is very simple not everyone
wants to be an entrepreneur.

I am not in any way saying that studying is no good
anymore. What i mean is that i give up studying to pursue
my dreams. I love studying too!

I'm very confident and I have not regretted about selecting this
path because i'm really enjoying every moment of my life doing
the things that i love.

And i'm very confident that my internet business will boom.
All i need is 2 years of my time and i will get there.

I'm really grateful to God that I've made a friend that I really
look forward to speak to her every night. I can be my REAL self whenever
i talk to her and I'm totally open with her.

It's difficult to find somebody you can give your heart to nowsday.
I'm very thankful for meeting Stefanie and I'm really grateful that
I've met her!

I'M SO LUCKY !

Best Wishes To You

Farrell Seah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

School is not the only place can study, I believe you will learn more than the people study in school in 4 years.
If I have the opportunity to do what I like and to be the person who I want to be, I also will make a decision as you did.
I'm so happy you regard me as your heart to heart friend. I'm so fortunately that I can get a heart to heart in every stage of my life, and you are the one and must be the only one I can get when I at the university time. I believe the predestined relationship, but this time don't thank for the god, please thank for Rye and yourself, because your birthday and that day you were on Skype me state.
Anyhow I will take part with you!